Preparation of UET Entry Test: We are going to give you full tips for preparation of UET entry test. These will be helpful for other entry tests as well like Nust entry test, PIEAS entry test etc. The easiest test is UET test. Many of the good students cannot get good scores because they do not know how to prepare and attempt the Entry test.
You should know something about the test that untill the year 2007, UET Entry test was simple and was not much conceptual, there were almost no dodging (tricking) numerical (it was easy to guess the right answer ). These were almost simple statements which were given in the textbooks and hard working and talented students in those days could have scored 330 to 370 marks while an average student can obtain 260 to 330 marks. But after the year 2007, UET changes its method of entry test. UET Entry test become somewhat we call difficult and conceptual. Dodging has been added. Now a talented student can get roughly about 250 to 350 marks and an average one can score about 200 to 220 marks. You can also see this in these graphs.
But this remained till 2011 when UET’s test was leaked and it was held twice. The pattern of entry test was totally changed. It was as difficult as GIKI’s or NUST test. Here is a graph that shows it.
But still there are some general tips on Uet test. You will insa’Allah succeed.
1. Divide time for your subjects like if you have 30 days for the preparation you can give 6 days to each subject (Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English).
2. Most of the uet students says that if you have read and understand concepts of textbooks the you can get high marks. So read every line of your course book and try to understand concept.
3. If you done this you have covered 75% of your preparation. If you cannot memorize it then do this step chapter wise complete one chapter and go to the next step and after that come back to this step but keep in mind that you have to give equal time to all the chapters.
4. Do not read from entry test objective or preparation books untill you got through your textbook. once you completed the 3rd second step take some practice MCQs or objective type and check yourself, if you forget something you can look into your textbook. Those who have learn from their textbooks can goto the 3rd step chapter wise also do this step chapter wise.
5. Do this for every subject and keep practicing from some sort of Test books like KIPS entry test books.
On test day you should follow these Guidelines:
- Divide time equally to attempt all the subjects. There are 30 MCQs of Mathematics, 30 of Chemistry, 30 of Physics and 10 of English. There are 4 marks of each correct MCQ and 1 negative mark for wrong one.
- Do not get confused and concentrate on the questions. Students who become nervous on test are likely to lose marks unknowingly.
- Attempt all those questions which you can answers. Skip those in which you are confused and could not get to the answers.
- Once you are done with all those questions which you fully understand, come to the rest ones and concentrate on them, attempt them carefully. You can also leave the MCQs unattempted if you want because wrong answer has negative mark.
- Some people say that you should attempt those question you can not solve or don’t know about them. In my opinion entry test is designed to filter out students, To make you come out of the crowd of students, so do not attempt those you don’t know. questions are tricky and negative marking can significantly decrease your score in entry test.
And at the end!
Don’t use computer so much and do not allow it to interfere in your studies. especially in these days. 🙂 So go and study.