How to Prepare ECAT
Just like the previous year, UET officially announced the pattern of ECAT and stratigy to prepare the test.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARATION OF BSc ENGINEERING ENTRY TEST
Entry Test For B.Sc:
- The Entry Test has a total of 100 questions divided into four portions. There are (+4) marks for correct answer and (-1) mark for wrong answer. Maximum marks as such are 400.
- Three compulsory portions comprising of 70 questions are:
- Mathematics (30 questions);
- Physics (30 questions); and
- English (10 questions).
- The candidate will choose either Chemistry or Statistics or Computer Science for the remaining 30 questions. Kindly note that Chemistry is compulsory for candidates with Pre-engineering or DAE backgrounds. Candidates choosing Computer Science or Statistics must have the requisite subject combination in Intermediate and will only be eligible to apply in restricted programs as stated in the prospectus of Engineering Universities.
- There are four versions of the Entry Test. All four versions have the same set of questions, however, the sequence of compulsory subjects, multiple choice options and sequence of questions in each version is different.
- The 10 questions of English portion have 5 questions of English comprehension and 5 questions of Synonyms. In English comprehension, the candidates are given a paragraph to read and answer related questions.
Math, Physics and Chemistry Portion:
- Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science and Statistics questions have been set from the syllabus of F.Sc (Intermediate). Efforts have been made to set the questions from those topics of F.Sc (Intermediate) that are common to ‘A’ level British System syllabus.
- The purpose of the Entry Test is to check the competency/ skill level attained by the candidates during the Intermediate level studies.
For more information visit : admission.uet.edu.pk